Shoulder Strap at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 5th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Major Player

Shoulder Strap

The shoulder strap on my EX1 has frayed around the area where it is attached to the camera so I'm in need of a replacement.

Does anyone know of someone in the UK who stocks the genuine article or is there a suitable 3rd party strap that will do the job? I suspect most straps will do the job but as the camera is a fair bit heavier than a DSR (which most straps are made for) I wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:19 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Shoulder Strap

I don't know if these are available where you are but I inserted these Optech Adapt-ITS into those mounts so I can clip things on and off quickly and with one hand:
OP/TECH USA Adapt-Its System Connectors

There are other approaches to pick from:
OP/TECH USA - System Connectors
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Major Player

I have one of these I put on my Z5 and really like it. It's padded neoprene and comfortable around the neck. The blue area is about 2" wide. They come in various colors. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/561956-REG/Bower_SS10NBLU_SS10_Deluxe_Heavy_duty_Neck.html. I sewed the ends of the strap to be sure the camcorder wouldn't loosen up the strap ends.

Porta Brace also makes some heavy duty straps.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 01:30 AM   #4
Trustee

Calumet in London stock a good range of heavy duty straps, take a look at their web site.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 10:40 AM   #5
Major Player

I ended up buying a direct Sony replacement from Creative Video. On the one hand it was expensive (IIRC £35) but on the other hand at least it doesn't look out of place should I ever decide to sell my EX1.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds