Sony EX1R from lens replacement at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 13th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Major Player

Sony EX1R from lens replacement

Wondering if any one could point me in the right direction for a new front element on a Sony EX1R. I read a previous post, linked below. However doesn't seem to be the right part number. Also was wondering how I might go about replacing front element.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...placement.html

Reading other posts, it appears to be standard procedure for Sony to replace entire lens. I'm hoping to get by just replacing the front element. Recently bought the EX1R off eee bay and with no mention, the seller sent the camera with a chipped lens. I'm disputing it, the seller says it doesn't affect image. Yet I get a nice soft orb on my shots.

Any help would be appreciated in the case that I might get stuck with this problem.

Thanks
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sony EX1R from lens replacement

The parts aren't available that way. You replace the entire lens assembly.
Old January 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Inner Circle

If the seller's listing didn't call out that the lens had the chip in it and doesn't take it back, I would like to know her/his name as warning along with a frame grab as evidence.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the support. Hopefully find out Monday or Tuesday on eBay/Paypal ruling on the return. The seller doesn't have a return policy, however I filed it as "Item doesn't match descritpion". I'll post camera info if it gets returned.

The chip is small but any kind of direct light makes shine. Really bummed and hope to win the case and return the camera.
Old January 14th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #5
Trustee

Did you pay with a credit card? You can most likely get your money back by instigating a "charge back" through your credit card company. I wouldn't trust Ebay/Paypal to look out for your interests here.
Old January 14th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks Vito, I called the credit card company and sure enough. I can do a charge back and should see my money back in 7-10 days. A BIG THANKS! For some reason I didn't even think of that. I guess I've been pretty lucky not having to dispute things like this before.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds