mounting my sennheiser wireless receiver on EX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #1
New Boot

mounting my sennheiser wireless receiver on EX1

Hi, I have kind of a funny question. I recently took off the little hotshoe thing off my sennheiser g3 wireless receiver and strapped my wireless on to the handle strap (where the back of yourright hand rests against while shooting) as i've seen others do. that seems to work really well except one thing - its pretty tough to pull the wire back far enough and slide it onto the strap and kind of hurts my hand when i do it over and over again. is there something i'm missing? i know i could get a modified hotshoe to fit a light and the wireless, or use the rearhotshoe, but i like just clipping it on to the strap if i could figure out a way to do it pain-free. thanks!
Joe Spitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: mounting my sennheiser wireless receiver on EX1

As an alternate try mouning it to the top handle of the camera with a small bungee cord and something in between (gaffers tape/ rubber matting/ velcro/ etc.) to keep it from sliding around. I've often done this with 1 or 2 Lectro receivers. Just make sure you're not on the little zoom rocker or the record button.
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi, Joe.............

Yeah, those springs have a bit of grunt all right.

The simplest solution is to loop a fabric band aid over the bottom horizontal of the clip and press the two ends together to make a pull tab.

Gives you plenty of grip without having to touch the spring at all.

You could use just about any sort of tape but the fabic ba's give by far the best grip and last longer.

Smallish cable ties work well too.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Major Player

I recently took the wire thing off, and stuck some velcro onto the bottom of my receiver. Stuck another small patch of velcro at back right of my EX1 just above the battery-release button (I used a metal saw to take off the little camera-strap holder, which I don't use, so the receiver can lie flat against the side of the camera.
It's working out wonderfully. Easy on-off; out of the way...
Regards,
Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds