Firm ware update - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 30th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Firm ware update

Les,
The problem is not the current firmware version. So I don't think we ignored or did not read your post.
Some people had problem to update from firmware PRIOR to 1.10 to later version.
Tuy Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:05 AM   #17
Vortex Media

Re: Firm ware update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Nguyen View Post
Sony said that their current firmware update for EX1 could be done by owner only if the existing firmware version is 1.10.
Kent, I don't know where you heard that, but it is incorrect.

Anything under 1.13 has to be sent in for updating and that is why you can’t find the necessary EX1 firmware online. Supposedly they are going to make that clear on their website, but the last time I looked they have not bothered to do so yet.

If you updated straight to 1.26 there are patches that you’d miss out on, and there is a pretty strong risk of bricking the camera going from 1.11 and up. Once you get past 1.13 then you can do it yourself -- if you can find the firmware. But they don't want the firmware out there, because someone will surely brick their camera by going from a version below 1.13.

I hope that helps explain it. I recommend that you just bite the bullet and send it in for service.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds