EX3 newbie: recommended settings, how to transfer settings from other EX1 camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 26th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #1
New Boot

EX3 newbie: recommended settings, how to transfer settings from other EX1 camera

Hello,

I just bought a second hand EX3 as a transition camera between the EX1r that I just sold and the PMW320 that has yet to come. My next few shoots will be a couple of weddings and a retirement party. Does anyone have a recommended set of settings (profile) that will maximize low light capability without adding unnecessary noise? I will be shooting in 1080/60i.

Also, I have just been hired as a 2nd camera on yet another event where the primary camera is an EX1. Does anyone know the steps to clone that camera's settings, so that I can copy them into my EX3 as a separate file setting? This will be shot in 24p.

Thanks, Joe

Last edited by Joe Lowery; April 26th, 2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: spelling
Joe Lowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: EX3 newbie: recommended settings, how to transfer settings from other EX1 camera

You can't copy directly between those cameras. You will have to write down the settings from the EX1 and enter them manually in the EX3.

The best way to minimize noise in these cameras is to shoot CINE1 or CINE2 gamma setting. CINE3 and CINE4 stretch the low end up and that makes noise more visible.

Don't go above +6db gain. Noise increases quickly above +6db gain.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds