ex1r stolen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 18th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Major Player

ex1r stolen

i was at a banquet this weekend for a film festival i was a finalist in. set my cambag down at our table, left for a few and when i came back to get some shots, bag unzipped, cam gone. unf.....believable. thank god i have insurance, will only cost me 250.00, but now i have to hope i get a good model. mine was perfect out of the box, no focus issues like alot ive heard about. im praying i will get another good one.
the morals in this country have gone down the toilet. i wish nothing but the worst on the a.....les that stole it.
if you dont have insurance on your gear, get it, its worth every penny of the 700.00/yr i pay.hartford is great.
plus theres a rebate on the cam of 400.00
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: ex1r stolen

Unlucky post the serial number just in case 1 in a million someone sees it on ebay etc
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Major Player

It is sad to hear such stories because even though the insurance pays up, it is still a hassle. Apart from insuring my equipment I also have invested in this:

It is a very small lock with a steel wire. I either pass it through the zip and then to an immovable object or else pass the steel wire thru the handle.

A very cheap but effective item.
Brian Cassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Holy bad luck... This kind of story just solidifys the whole "you have to parent your camera" thing.

Every clip you've recorded has the serial number for the camera burned into the XML files. If you have camera originals at home, open it up in clip/XDCAM browser and post the serial number immediately.

Good idea to use a Kensington lock on the camera if you're away. More important in a one man band situation. In fact, NEVER leave your camera in a one-man band situation. Treat it as if your life depended on it.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Sorry to read that Jim and no one at your table noticed the thief opening your cambag. Guess you didn't win a prize either :(
Post the cam serial number here, on other sites, the local newspapers in community notices and video camera clubs. Not so much to get your cam back, but to catch the sob.

We have those Defcons on our Black Pelican cases when we tie them together while shooting on the ramps at airshows.

We figure they'll alert people and scare off thieves and there are some at all outdoor events these days. Last year our event security picked up 2 clowns who were wearing fake ID cards to pass the checkpoints, and another idiot who actually roped off part of one of the parking areas and was pocketing fees before they caught him. My BMW service outfit warn to enable the alarm every time you get out of the car.

We don't get any insurance discounts for having the Defcons.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds