Any one used an EX1R with an EX3 ... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 17th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Major Player

Any one used an EX1R with an EX3 ...

I've got a shoot coming up and will need a second camera. It's a suited affair (likely black suits) so, I'm wondering if anyone has had difficulties using the two cameras together especially when the EX3 will be using a Tiffin IR filter? I understand the EX1R does not have far red problems but the EX3 does. Anyone have advice?
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Any one used an EX1R with an EX3 ...

I've used footage from an EX1R mixed with footage from my EX3 many times. I've got a B&W 486 IR filter on my EX3. The EX1R doesn't have as sever an IR contamination issue but it still can exhibit some in certain shooting situations. I haven't had any problems mixing footage. I tend to try to not have people wear poly blacks as that seems to show up the IR issue.
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I also depends on the age of your EX3. Early EX3's are not as immune to IR contamination as more recent EX3's. I think the EX3's filters were upgraded late 2011.
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
I also depends on the age of your EX3. Early EX3's are not as immune to IR contamination as more recent EX3's. I think the EX3's filters were upgraded late 2011.
Thanks Alister ... mine is an original ... bought it when they first came out. I use a tiffin IR filter with my camera ... it does the job but I've never used it in combo with an EX1R and really was wondering if I'm going to have trouble matching to footage?
Old November 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Do you know if the older EX3 filters can be upgraded by Sony?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds