Using ClipBrowser to convert HD to SD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:56 PM   #1
Major Player

Using ClipBrowser to convert HD to SD?

I presently rent an EX3 when I need one for as job. I'd like to possible buy one IF I can use it for
both HD and SD shoots. I still have some web clients working with SD DV files and that means
another camera rental for their work.

Question: I was playing around with ClipBrowser 2.6 today and I see where it apparently will do some
file conversion. It shows where it can convert from HD down to SD as DV and DV RAW but only as a 4x3 format. Do not see how I can set it for 16x9 IF the files are HD widescreen.

Has anyone use this feature at all?

Thanks!
Old November 25th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Using ClipBrowser to convert HD to SD?

I may be wrong but it appears what Sony is calling "squeeze" is their definition for 16 x 9 in SD.

I made a test conversion from an XDCAM file and it produced, what appears to be, a 16x9 video in a 720 x 480, 25Mbit/s file.

Looks decent but was slow to convert. About 1 min per second on my 1.6Ghz. Pent. M laptop.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds