Recover video file at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 30th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Recover video file

When trying to download files from SD card in Sony XDCAM Browser I had a message that one video file was not "finished" written properly (or something like that - I don't recall exactly how it was phrased) and message suggested to recover media in camcorder. In EX1 media was recovered ...last portion of large file is not present. part XXXX_01 an XXXX_02 are OK but XXXX_03 is missing. Tried to run the card in testdisk and recuva but no trace of that last fragment. Any idea how to find and recover it? Is this possible that if file was not finished written properly it doesn't show anywhere??? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Marius Boruch; December 31st, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 04:16 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Recover video file

Did the end of the clip roll over on to another card?
Old January 1st, 2014, 04:09 PM   #3
Major Player

No, it didnt. There is no trace of XXXX_03 folder or any files (xml etc.) that should be in it.
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:26 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Some people say there's no problems using SD cards so I am curious if SD card is the proper speed class? Is it old? What brand and model is it? Whose adapter did you use?
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:29 PM   #5
Major Player

MxM adapter - never had any problem with wither adapter or that card. Question is - how come nothing is visible in recovery software...it is there but how to retrieve it.
Old January 10th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #6
Major Player

Just to reiterate - there's no trace of the folder containing that part of the take when looking at the card contents in Window Explorer? Or is there an .mp4 file?
In the past I've been able to 'rebuild' cards by separating out the mp4 files onto a different drive and then using XDcam Browser to import them onto a new card.
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 04:39 PM   #7
Major Player

no trace at all. There were that strange message when I inserted that card into reader and connected to computer XDcam browser saying that some video files didn't finish writing properly????
Old January 11th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Boruch View Post
no trace at all. There were that strange message when I inserted that card into reader and connected to computer XDcam browser saying that some video files didn't finish writing properly????
Is the folder or file become hidden due to some virus / malware attack.
Check the folder options in windows settings and modify if necessery
Rajiv
Rajiv Attingal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds