Sony PMW-300 (My Initial Impressions After 2 Weeks) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 2nd, 2014, 12:22 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Sony PMW-300 (My Initial Impressions After 2 Weeks)

I have had the Sony PMW-300 for a little over 2 weeks now. It replaced my trusty Sony EX3. I decided to try and write up a short summary on how I'm finding it so far (albeit I've not done too much shooting with it yet due to a lot of editing work needing to be completed). This is still very much a work in progress page on my website and I plan to add information and update it regularly with anything important that I learn as I use the camera more. I thought anyone contemplating buying (or renting) a PMW-300 might find it interesting to read. I've tried to include a lot of pictures of various areas of the camera that might be of interest too.

If there are any questions just let me know - and I hope its useful :-)

SonyPMW300

P.S. I've got a stinking cold at the moment so my apologies in advance for any typos - it's difficult proof reading when peering through streaming eyes and sneezing all the time!
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:11 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sony PMW-300 (My Initial Impressions After 2 Weeks)

Added some information about how to fit the DM Accessories 200-Flat shoe plate (which is actually made for the PMW-200) so that it will sit flat on the PMW-300. Also, a picture of the end result and a few other little updates. See original link.
Old February 12th, 2014, 02:43 PM   #3
Space Hipster

Re: Sony PMW-300 (My Initial Impressions After 2 Weeks)

A very helpful review, Andy. I may end up picking one of these soon.
It seems XDCAM is a much sought after codec in the freelance world.
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds