New version of PMW 300 evf details anyone? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 7th, 2015, 08:24 AM   #1
Major Player

New version of PMW 300 evf details anyone?

I have read in a couple of places that Sony will release an updated version of the PMW300. One of the clips made mention of a modification to the VF mounting. I really like my camera and have it rigged with a Shape baseplate with shoulder pad and VCT 14 wedge and back clip. My only issue has been the VF mounting which is can't be adjusted to move forward far enough for the VF to be comfortable. I was hoping one of the Sony insiders on the group might shed some light on this and let us know if there will be any way to upgrade existing PMW 300s should the modification solve this issue. It is also a pain in the butt the way the VF rotates and is blocked at one point because it is too close to the bracket. Makes it difficult to adjust at some angles.
Thanks
Brian
Old January 7th, 2015, 10:07 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: New version of PMW 300 evf details anyone?

I'm also interested as to if anyone knows any details yet - as you can see here from a while back!

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xav...rovements.html

As an aside, I often find the Sony section confusing now as to which sub-forum information is (or should be) posted in. Is it just me?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds