Vectorscope corrected HG3 Mult-Matrix settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 1st, 2015, 06:20 PM   #1
Trustee

Vectorscope corrected HG3 Mult-Matrix settings

Spent an hour or two making adjustments on the scope in the multi matrix menu. The regular matrix was not able to adjust things properly, probably just useful for basic hue and saturation adjustments. Anyway, see below for a stock HG3 picture, and the adjusted multi matrix. I will post some night scene clips later today. I still need help to get saturation levels correct, as my scope only has 1x and 3x gain. I calibrated the camera using 3x, so obviously while the colors are on the correct vectors and balanced, they could be increased in saturation more. And the multi matrix on this camera is AMAZING, it has 3 adjustments for each color, meaning you can get all 18 DCS ChromaDuMonde colors in their little vector boxes. Well, you should be able to, noise levels not withstanding. Now I need a new chart! :)

Why are all my Sony camera weird on the green DSC panel? They insist it is YELLOW + or -, forget which one. For those not familiar with DSC charts, the "blue" panel is actually slightly violet, as seen in the second corrected clip.
Attached Thumbnails
Vectorscope corrected HG3 Mult-Matrix settings-screen-shot-2015-04-01-5.14.17-pm.png   Vectorscope corrected HG3 Mult-Matrix settings-screen-shot-2015-04-01-5.14.50-pm.png  

Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2015, 06:40 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Vectorscope corrected HG3 Mult-Matrix settings

I messaged the HG3 multi matrix a bit more, and did a full standard gamma ITU709 profile as well. See the below link for what my ITU709 adjustments look like. They were all "in the box" on the vectorscope, do they look "too saturated" to you guys? If anyone wants the settings, let me know, they are a work in progress. Shot and uploaded as XDCAM HD422 720p59.94.

Old April 3rd, 2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Trustee

I just realized I neglected to specify this is on a PXW-X180! Sowwy.

Paul
Old April 3rd, 2015, 03:52 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm getting one for demo next week so your settings would be useful, thanks!
I'll see how the Shogun's vectorscope looks with them.
Rob Hargreaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 11:02 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anderegg View Post
I messaged the HG3 multi matrix a bit more, and did a full standard gamma ITU709 profile as well. See the below link for what my ITU709 adjustments look like. They were all "in the box" on the vectorscope, do they look "too saturated" to you guys? If anyone wants the settings, let me know, they are a work in progress. Shot and uploaded as XDCAM HD422 720p59.94.

http://youtu.be/niZi3PUxz-o
Hey I think the colour looks good, its so much brighter also. what colour/profile setting did you end up with, even the skin tones look good.
So you have it set to HG3 and.. Thanks.

HD101/G5 Mac/4gig Ram/1TB HDD/30" Cinema Display/FCP.
Robert Bale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds