Sugestions? ex1r scroll wheel stopped worling at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 9th, 2015, 08:16 AM   #1
Major Player

Sugestions? ex1r scroll wheel stopped worling

I took a 3-day vacation yesterday to have a little fun with my camera and when I got up this morning to set everything up the menu scroll wheel wasn't working. Pushing it will work and bring up the next menu level, but it doesn't scroll under any circumstances including other functions (i.e. profile selection).

Does anyone have any suggestions before I have to send it off for repair on Monday?

I'm mad at myself for not checking everything yesterday as I am only 2 hours away from the Laredo repair center and I would have happily driven it down there had I know. (It was working fine a couple of days ago, though.)

Thanks for any suggestions on a possible quick fix.

Also, does anyone know of a reliable local repair facility in the Dallas area?

Phil
Phil Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 10:43 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sugestions? ex1r scroll wheel stopped worling

The top joystick will also work to navigate the menus I think. Try pressing the wheel down gently while scrolling and listen for audible clicks and feel for resistance while scrolling. If it's been smoothened out, be very careful not to wear it down further.

To make sure your top joystick isn't worn down, maybe turn on the IR remote receiving mode and use the joystick on the remote, after using the top joystick to navigate the menus to turn IR on.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 05:23 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Sugestions? ex1r scroll wheel stopped worling

Thank you very much, Jack. The joystick does indeed work the same as the scroll wheel. I certainly didn't remember this fact but it doesn't surprise me as there is so much redundancy on the ex1r.

I don't notice anything different with the wheel and will still probably send it in for repair depending on what they tell me when I call the service center on Monday.

Phil
Phil Murray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds