DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   First F3 footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/487614-first-f3-footage.html)

Steve Connor November 17th, 2010 11:10 AM

First F3 footage

Very nice, they used Zeiss Primes and an SR recorder though.

Andrew Stone November 17th, 2010 11:28 AM

Really nice piece. Even with all the work done on that footage in post, you can see that the colour palette in very Sony so you will be able to cut back and forth with footage on other Sony cams. Excellent.

Steve Connor November 17th, 2010 11:32 AM

and some more

Andy Wilkinson November 17th, 2010 11:50 AM

Very, very impressive!

Don Parrish November 17th, 2010 12:02 PM

I must be getting old and finicky. they look soft to me. Also, the amount of area that is out of focus is just distracting. My apologies, no disrespect intended, but I just did not like it. In the opening scene the womans face is just soft. The area in focus is very small and to me it takes depth away from the scene to use such shallow DOF all the time. No disrespect iintended, it was like watching a movie who's lens has been smeared.

Jean-Philippe Archibald November 17th, 2010 12:17 PM

Look pretty sharp to me! Beautiful footage.

Henry Olonga November 17th, 2010 06:14 PM

Same here - I thought it was nice and sharp - very impressive. The sleeping giant has awoken

Alister Chapman November 18th, 2010 05:22 AM

I have some raw footage straight from the PMW-F3 available for download. It's a zipped BPAV folder with 24fps MP4's.

Chris... feel free to host the zip file yourself. Just give me a credit for providing it.

XDCAM-USER.com PMW-F3 Raw Footage.

Henry Olonga November 18th, 2010 08:03 AM

Al - thank you sir you are a legend. Lovely colours

Erik Phairas November 18th, 2010 05:40 PM

Thanks AL!!!

Erik Phairas November 18th, 2010 06:28 PM

another

Giuseppe Pugliese November 18th, 2010 08:48 PM

excellent, so glad these keep popping up, its like Easter eggs on DVD's only this is on the whole internet. Sony did the RIGHT thing by putting this camera in the hands of some good DPs and let them shoot with it. It's also cool how there was no real master link saying heres all the DP's that shot with it, now check it out... they are just kinda springing up on their own and its wonderful. Very good way to pre-sell a camera.

Panasonic really kicked the bucket on the first "video tests" they showed. They were just completely scatter brains and sent a bunch of dps around one day on a wild goose chase to get whatever footage they could and that was it. That is not the way to launch a camera, their footage was filled with horrible clipping and overall bland images that were either super close ups or super wide shots and thats it.

I ALWAYS loved what sony did when they put out a new camera. I had the dvd set of the projects they did when the new F900's were coming out. They literally got a ton of great dps and directors and put out 5 dvds worth of stuff to show off their cameras. Now thats the way to do it. +1 for Sony yet again.

Erik Phairas November 19th, 2010 09:18 PM

I forgot to post this one sorry.

Giuseppe Pugliese November 19th, 2010 09:56 PM

It's funny, but for some reason this new one isn't my taste. The cinematography for whatever reason doesn't do it for me. No idea why but it doesn't feel as filmic as the others.

I noticed they stopped down the lens a lot more, so maybe thats it, but for whatever reason this one (at full screen mode) just doesn't feel the same as all the others.

Either way it was technically good. The story was great, I'm just purely stating my opinion about the looks only. I actually liked the direction and everything else. Just I dont know... something didnt wow me cinematic with this one.

Thats ok, can't please them all I guess haha

Erik Phairas November 19th, 2010 10:53 PM

I wanna see someone not try and make art, just take it outside at night and show us how much detail this puppy can pull out of the scene.