Street Price for SR-R1? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old January 26th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #16
Trustee

Today I was informed by my local Abel Cine that they have pre-sold over 100 F3's which is very close to their AF100 pre-sales. She stated that the sales figures are getting close to the AF100 but won't overtake it just due to the price. I'd love to see Red's sales numbers in a few months to see how much these 2 cameras have hurt their sales.

I wonder if these sales figures are good or great compared to prior new releases such as the EX1 because the economy is not doing as well as 2007 when the EX1 was released (or was it '08).
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #17
Regular Crew

That's awesome!

I wonder how long it will take for all the preorders to get filled... from what I've heard some dealers are only getting like 10 in the initial shipments.

At least this isn't RED!

From my latest conversations I'm hopeful that we may see cameras shipping in the second week of February.
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #18
Trustee

I think that many F3 buyers are in a similar situation as me where we already are heavily invested in XDCAM EX equipment so purchasing a F3 doesn't include $2-4000+ in additional gear such as SxS cards, batteries, shoulder mounts, tripod and even a nanoFlash. The only thing I would need is a set of lenses and adapter (either Nikon or Alpha to F3 - probably Nikon at first due to all the great & cheap glass, then Alpha Zeiss lenses because they are the best I have used).

On a side note, the Abel Cine salesperson also said that they have pre-sold many Ki Mini's, however, she didn't mention whether the Mini's were included with any F3 orders.

For those who think 10bit capture will due something magical, I say that its a waste unless you have a pro colorist working on a Resolve or Lustre who absolutely needs the extra bits. I have had great luck with the 35Mb XDCAM EX and the 32bpc in both After Effects and Premiere Pro.
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #19
Major Player

Steve, good points however I would not consider using the F3 without either a 3rd party monitor or a relatively new Cineroid EVF.

Seems a lot of people are going for the SmallHD DP6 these days. There is also the TV Logic WFM-056WP which has been getting a bit of attention recently as it uses the same LCD panel as the SmallHD but it has a scope package built into it. There are also a couple of offerings from Marshall that are good as well such as the daylight viewable LCD651STX-3GSDI-AB (pricey for some) or the more affordable V-LCD70XP-3GSDI-SB.

And of course you will need a monitor arm. The Ikan MA206 can be had at B&H for around $70.

As far as external recorders go, I have not heard of even one Ki Pro Mini in the field yet. The first thing I would want to know about is how good the heat management is and second how loud the fan is under normal operating conditions.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Re: Street Price for SR-R1?

hello everyone, i am looking for the sr-r1 recorder, however not alot of distributors out there that carry them. i did see two on eBay. one going to 7500 brand new and the other for 9000.00 do you guys think its worth it?
Jose Rodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Alister Chapman and several others have gone the Gemini (by Convergent Design) route instead. The Gemini sells for about $6,000 at B&H and handles more codecs.

When you look at the real price you have to look at the cost of the media too. The Gemini uses SSD drives which have dropped tremendously in price.

The SR-R1 is using S15 SR media. Much harder to find and much more expensive.
Duke Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #22
Regular Crew

thanks for the reply^^^. ill check it out.
Jose Rodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Rodrigues View Post
thanks for the reply^^^. ill check it out.
Also check out the cinedeck EX.

I know the gemini uses 1.8 SSdrives, which are still pretty pricey, and I "believe" they recommend to use their branded SSds.

The cinedeck uses 2.5 inch drives, ($120 for a 128gb), can record DNxHD, Cineform, Prores (every flavor), IMX XDCAM 50 or 35, Uncompressed, etc.

I've had one for a yr, and it has been a great addition to the F3.

Ryan
Ryan Hollings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:17 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Am Selling my Sony SR-R1 if anyone is interested in the Classifieds
Jose Rodrigues is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta