Sony Kit lenses vs still or Red lenses? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old March 27th, 2011, 05:46 AM   #46
Major Player

Re: Sony Kit lenses vs still or Red lenses?

The Vimeo camparison was fascinating, thanks for linking.

Out of interest, the Sony lenses are made for Sony by Konica Minolta, the Zeiss CP2 primes are apparently manufactured by Cosina, so no longer 'German glass'.

Extremely interesting to see the different colour rendition and contrast between them. I'm looking forward to see Cooke added into the comparison mix too.
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #47
Major Player

I have heard similar information about the Sony lenses being manufactured by Konica Minolta but I have never heard it qualified by a Sony Production Manager or Marketing Rep.

To my eyes and hands those lenses have the same look and feel as Fujinon lenses. Also Sony has a very close and long standing relationship with Fujinon but this is all conjecture. Regardless, I would want to hear from a well placed Sony representative before stating where these lenses actually came from.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Actually Sony bought the Photo Imaging Unit from Konica Minolta 5 years ago.

cheers

Morton
Morton Molyneux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #49
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stone View Post
I have heard similar information about the Sony lenses being manufactured by Konica Minolta but I have never heard it qualified by a Sony Production Manager or Marketing Rep.

To my eyes and hands those lenses have the same look and feel as Fujinon lenses. Also Sony has a very close and long standing relationship with Fujinon but this is all conjecture. Regardless, I would want to hear from a well placed Sony representative before stating where these lenses actually came from.
I highly doubt Fujinon makes those lenses.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta