Peaking- Hi Mid Lo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Peaking- Hi Mid Lo

The F3 viewfinder has an adjustment for Peaking: Hi, Mid, Low. Can anyone enlighten me on this setting? Any advantage to one over the other?
Jim Tittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Peaking- Hi Mid Lo

I assume its the same as on the EX-1.
It adjusts how sensitive the peaking function is. Higher should mean you see more red lines around sharp edges. The danger of being too high is that you get false positives on whether you're in focus. Not Good and a common problem with monitors that have color peaking. Makes many of them kind of useless to me. I never use the color peaking in my Panasonic 8" monitor or even the EX3 because I can't make it sensitive enough. The EX-1 worked quite well though at Mid or Low. The danger with Low is that you might not see enough Red to know when you're in focus, but I would try that first as its the safest.
Red eyeballs are a good place to look for focus with people.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Peaking- Hi Mid Lo

Thanks, that makes sense. I'm new to all things EX / XDcam.
Jim Tittle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta