MTF services at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:05 AM   #1
Major Player

MTF services

Are there any members who have a direct line to MTF services?
I have attempted to contact them on numerous occasions over the past several months simply to ask a question: Can they create a Leica M bayonet mount adapter for the F3 similar to—or not— the Nikon F version that I am currently using? I'd even be willing to consider a one-off version if that is their desire.
To date, I have not received a reply of any form.
Ron Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: MTF services

In the past, I have found that Mike Tape (MTF) is usually pretty good at returning emails, but there have been times where the reply was not immediate. I believe he is represented in the states by ZGC who are located in New Jersey. I was sent there when I had a minor issue with an MTF mount for my EX3. I'm sure they can answer your questions. ZGC Video Digital Photo Optics Cameras, Stereography, Photography, Camcorders

He was at their NAB booth for the show.
Chuck Fishbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Major Player

Thank you for the info.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 03:27 PM   #4
New Boot

I have been trying to contact them for the past month to see what's up with the F3 adapter, to no avail. 8-(
Steve Strickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #5
Sponsor: MTF Services

Firstly I must apologise for having a low profile here lately.
Since the introduction of our M43, E mount and F3 adaptors, we have indeed been snowed under.
In the last 4 months, demand for our products has been outstripping supply by a long way and we are unfortunately we are a bit behind on Nikon to F3 adaptor deliveries but we hope to get back on track around this time next week.

If the phone has not been answered lately, more than likely we are busy either building, packing
Or processing orders, not to mention the 50-100 emails we are getting daily!!

On top of all that we have just moved to new premises with the complications that entails.
However, going forward, once we are settled in, things should start running more smoothly.

Please feel free to call on our new number.

208 881 7850
Old April 27th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Major Player

While we have your attention, I wonder if you could comment on the feasibility of creating a Leica M bayonet to F3 adapter?
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #7

Hi Ron.

The Leica adaptors, both R and M are certainly feasible and are on the growing list of F3 adaptors we hope to be able to offer in the future.

Regards
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Hi Mike,

Nice to meet you at NAB. I have both the Nikon and Canon FD adapters from you for the F3. They work brilliantly. Many thanks.

Chris at ZGC was great to work with.

Chris Medico
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #9

It was good to meet you too Chris

Yes Christine, at ZGC is a real trooper and I'm always grateful for her support.

I'm glad those 2 adaptors are working well for you.

All the best
Old April 28th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #10
Trustee

Another vote for Christine
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #11
Vortex Media

Another vote for the MTF Nikon adapter. It is working great on my F3 and allows me to have telephoto capabilities (800-200 f/2.8 & 300 f/4) that exceed anything I can afford with a PL mount. The adapter is a must-have for anyone who owns or will be using an F3. I show it in action quite a bit in my F3 training DVD. http://www.vortexmedia.com/SONY_PMW-F3_TRAINING.html

Mike, I mispoke when we met at NAB. I checked my records when I got home and it turns out I got my adapter through ZGC on Feb 15th. Sorry for the confusion, my brain is not what it should be.
Old April 28th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #12
Regular Crew

I have an MTF Nikon adaptor that I use constantly on my F3. It's great to have a Nikon mount, and I'm happy to have this one, until I can find something better. "Better" means, 1) add a more robust locking screw, 2) provide a decent way to adjust the aperture (slippery aluminum ring doesn't cut it), 3) make the Nikon lock pin release tab bigger, textured, or both so that releasing the lens is a little easier.

Overall, it's well-made. Just clumsy to use. (my opinion)
Jim Tittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #13
Trustee

Actually I don't have any complaints about the size of the screw or its stability on the MTF. If I could just remember which way opens the iris I would be fine.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:47 PM   #14
Major Player

Hi Mike ,

I'm looking into purchasing the F3 and the FS100 cameras, but this purchase is pending on the availability of an EF adapter that can control iris for them. I've heard very good testimonials concerning your mtf mounts. In the market, currently, there are some mounts with an IRIs blade in them. Any chance for you guys to come up with such a design? I know image stabilization, and auto focus require something like the birger approach, but adding an iris blade should be relatively easy to implement? I believe many of us with Huge canon L glass investment would jump immediately at this option. Keep us posted!
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:03 AM   #15
Trustee

mounts with an iris blade added instead of controlling the original iris are putting the iris in the wrong place optically and tend to vignette - not a professional solution , at least that's what I've seen.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta