Raincover at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old May 6th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Major Player

Raincover

Has anyone found a nice raincover for the F3?
Old May 7th, 2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Raincover

Honestly I wouldn't image anyone making a rain cover for the F3. Since its not an ENG camera why would there be a need for one.
Michael Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #3
Major Player

Portabrace has one...

PortaBrace - Product Detail:RS-AF1F3B
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
Honestly I wouldn't image anyone making a rain cover for the F3. Since its not an ENG camera why would there be a need for one.
So I can't use my F3 on location to shoot drama? No running about in the rain on Steadicam? Ok.
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:34 AM   #5
Major Player

Mulling this one over a bit. The EX3 raincovers might be a good solution, particularly for those who are opting to use these 3rd party EVFs.

I'll have to try mine out out of these days.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Oh No! I must have missed that part in the manual. I'm using My F3 for documentaries and Current affairs. Did not know I was not supposed to. I'll send it right back and go back to using my old EX1.
;-)
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Ola, sorry if you and some others here disapprove of my honesty, with the poorly designed F3 viewfinder for handholding I just couldn't see how a rain cover could be designed to protect this style of camera. I'm sure the Porta-Brace was what you were looking for, good luck with it.
Michael Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Ola, sorry if you and some others here disapprove of my honesty, with the poorly designed F3 viewfinder for handholding I just couldn't see how a rain cover could be designed to protect this style of camera. I'm sure the Porta-Brace was what you were looking for, good luck with it.
Don't take it personally, and nothing to do with disapproving of honesty. There are LOTS of situation an F3 will get wet/muddy/dusty that have nothing to do with ENG. Mine already has been soaked in pouring rain on location, and covered in dust.

We where just poking holes in your assumptions using comedy! And many are using the F3 for ENG too, as Ola is and others.
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #9
Vortex Media

I have a CamRade wetsuit for my EX1 that I have been very happy with. The material is kind of rubbery and makes it really easy to grip even when wet. Excellent coverage and fairly easy to put on and off once you've done it a couple of times.

I see B&H is selling an F3 version now. If I decide to get a cover for my F3, this is the one I'm getting.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/757288-REG/camRade_WS_PMWF3_WS_AGHMC80_Wetsuit.html
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Ola, I have the Deca raincover from Petrolbag <http://www.petrolbags.com/Camera-Protection?q=node/1128> It's well made though I haven't got a chance to field test it yet.
Brian Lai is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta