Waiting on Sony Service Thread at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old February 9th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Trustee

Waiting on Sony Service Thread

As those of us who are taking advantage of the sony S-LOG promotion I thought it would be good to get an idea of the average wait/turnaround time. I've "applied" as of yesterday but am still waiting on sony service NJ to get the "parts" in. I'll also be getting some service done to the camera as well so my turnaround time will be a little higher.

Is anyone else now more tempted to go 4:4:4 now that the upgrade is 3k cheaper? The Gemini seems like quite a deal now, if it can capture arriraw and I can use it on an alexa and the f3 i will definitely be purchasing one. Otherwise Maybe the blackmagic ultrabridge or probably the AJA IOXT.
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Waiting on Sony Service Thread

I applied last a last thursday and I have heard nothing. It's been a week I think I will call in the morning. My only fear with the gemini is that the network will complain about the file size for the days work.
Michael Carmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #3
Major Player

Sony service in Los Angeles are telling me it's about 3 days. I don't know why since I've done this upgrade a couple of times with the SxS card and it took all of 3 minutes as the upgrade just needs to be verified on the camera. I'm sure it's more related to the bureaucracy of checking the units in and out than to actually do the upgrade.

My 2 F3's are going in next Friday and I expect to get them back by end of day Tues or Wed morning.

My proceedure was this; call Sony Service Center (near you) and they will send you an email with the requirements (camera serial#, model #, your contact info, etc). After replying to that I received another email requesting a copy of the sales recipt, then after that was submitted I was told I was good to go to bring the camera(s) in for the service. I live in LA area so it's not inconvenient to get them there.
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #4
Inner Circle

You want to see if you can get them to give you the same deal on the 3D link option Bruce. It's real nice. Master and Slave cameras, change shutter on one, the other follows. Matched time codes, record in sync, genlock and shutter sync with just one cable.
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Major Player

What's "the same deal" ? Didn't know there was one offered.
Old February 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I just got back from New Jersey they gave me the Firmware for $899.00 and I was gone in an hour. It looks like they are stopping this as of 4/1/12 and that's it. And after that S-log comes with the camera with a price increase from 13,300 to 13,999.00.

I don't know if I have 3D? How would I know?
Old February 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #7
Major Player

That's a separate upgrade called CBK-3DL01. Lists for $5,500 USD. Haven't yet located a discounted price for it in connection with this S-Log special, but contacting Sony/LA to ask.

LA Sony service won't have the kits until Monday Feb 13.
Old February 10th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #8
Major Player

I submitted all my info, and am still waiting for them to tell me to send in the camera. must be a real disconnect if people are already able to get upgraded and they are telling me they are "still waiting on parts".
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #9
Regular Crew

What about europe/netherlands. I'd like to have the 444 option. And this 899 dollar option sounds ok for me. Anyone knows this status?
Ron Aerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #10
Major Player

I heard april for everyone else. it sounds like the US may have released it early.
Old February 10th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #11
Major Player

Ian, if you are dealing with Sony LA/Glendale service, you will get an email from Edgar in service dept. asking for the basic information about the camera and later for a scanned copy of your sales receipt. After that you can just walk the camera in and wait the day or so for them to do the job. They don't set up a time or make appointments to do it, just send an email letting them know what day you are bringing it in.
Old February 10th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #12
Major Player

I am dealing with NJ. a guy named Raymund. they have all my info including a copy of the sales receipt and he said he would send me the info for sending my camera in. I haven't heard a word in a week. obviously I am getting antsy when I hear people are able to just walk in and get it and I being told to wait for parts. I am contemplating just flying out to see some friends and getting it taken care of in CA.
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Just call Raymond on Monday and he will send you the form that you need to mail the camera. I was in NJ and they were very nice about the whole thing.
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carmine View Post
It looks like they are stopping this as of 4/1/12 and that's it. And after that S-log comes with the camera with a price increase from 13,300 to 13,999.00.

I don't know if I have 3D? How would I know?
Michael,

Is that been already announced... that "after 4/1/12 the F3 will come out with the S-Log included at $13,999"?

Where did you get that info? Is this is true we'd like to hear that directly from Sony.

I was just ready to order the F3 but if this is a fact, I will put on hold my order.
Henry Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #15
Regular Crew

The price has already been increased.
Michael Carmine is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta