Abel Cine NOT Supporting Cine Xenars Anymore at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old February 16th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Trustee

Abel Cine NOT Supporting Cine Xenars Anymore

I was planning on renting a set for an upcoming TVC to use on a F3 but I am wary of the notice from AbelCine which is due to mechanical and optical issues on both versions 1 & 2 (a version 3 is being released at NAB).

Anyone else heard of issues with the Xenars?
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Vortex Media

Re: Abel Cine NOT Supporting Cine Xenars Anymore

I have had a full set of 5 Cine-Xenars for exactly one year now, and they are by far my favorite lenses. Great bokeh, close focusing, very sharp, and rock solid.

What some people consider to be negatives are no big deal at all once you get used to them. Having the focus ring at the rear of the lens actually makes it easier to reach my FF knob (shorter reach). And having the aperture ring towards the front of the lens is an easier place to reach than it would be near the lens mount.

They also extend as much as one inch when focusing, but that is only if you go from one extreme to the other. I have a rubber ring to seal the gap between the lens and the matte box that handles the change just fine. And I have never had the FF teeth walk of the focus ring.

I love them, and highly recommend them if you can find a set.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta