DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Sony F3 with hyperdeck shuttle questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/513712-sony-f3-hyperdeck-shuttle-questions.html)

Rudy Wilms February 23rd, 2013 04:37 PM

Re: Sony F3 with hyperdeck shuttle questions

1 Attachment(s)
My Sony PMW-F3 with Hyperdeck Shuttle 2

Dennis Hingsberg February 23rd, 2013 04:58 PM

Very nice, and I like the location of the shuttle!

Rudy Wilms February 23rd, 2013 05:14 PM

Thanks Dennis I also prefer the SDI a for its location and the location of the shuttle wasn't my first choice but after trying it out I do like it now my next goal is to find out what to do with the 29.97i (wrapped psf) in editing

Rudy Wilms February 23rd, 2013 07:27 PM

I found what to do with the 29.97i(wrapped psf) apparently Premiere Pro is missing the psf workflow so I found an article that explained I need to manually interpret footage to progressive.Thank all of you guys with the help now I am ready to do some testing and probable chat soon again I really appreciate forums like this to learn a lot and share information.

Alister Chapman February 25th, 2013 12:33 PM

If your project is progressive and you will always render out to progressive then you don't need to do anything with PsF files.

The only time you may need to do anything is when using PsF in an interlace project as any filters or effects will treat the file as an interlace file. This rarely causes an issue, but it may lead to some odd effects in some very rare cases.

It all comes down to the fact that when the standards for HDSDI were written 1080p25 and 1080p30 were not included, only 25i, 30i and 24p. So to get around this progressive is sent disguised as interlace.

What will cause nightmares is if you accidentally interpret a 1080i30 file as progressive because the frame will be processed as a progressive frame merging the two fields into a progressive frame. Any motion will then appear as combing or banding in the image.

Matthias Sachal February 26th, 2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Wilms (Post 1776001)
Dennis thanks for the link I just ordered the cable just waiting on the rest I will post pictures later

Hey Rudy, I ordered the same cable. Did you have to change the polarity of that cable in order to power the hyperdeck? Just got mine today.

Rudy Wilms February 26th, 2013 12:03 PM

Usually the battery has a "+" and "-" stamped into the connector. They need to line up with the + & - on the D-Tap cable connector for my EX-L96 battery it work just fine I did not have to switch any cables

Rudy Wilms February 26th, 2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alister Chapman (Post 1780984)
What will cause nightmares is if you accidentally interpret a 1080i30 file as progressive because the frame will be processed as a progressive frame merging the two fields into a progressive frame. Any motion will then appear as combing or banding in the image.

by 1080i30 file you mean a real interlaced or the wrapped psf 1080i30 if i understand correct according to this article you do need to interpret footage what is your opinion is this article right?
PsF’s missing workflow, Part 7: Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5.x by Allan Tépper

Matthias Sachal February 27th, 2013 02:05 PM

Yep, worked for me too. Thanks anyway!