Need Sony F3 part, broken. Help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old September 26th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Need Sony F3 part, broken. Help!

I have a used F3 that shipped with a faulty XLR port. I have disassembled the camera and identified the broken board, which is the AXM-45, or part number A-1799-146-A.

One would think, with that kind of information, that it would not be difficult to order a replacement. But, in fact, it is, as there are none of these in stock and no plans to manufacture more.

Does anyone have a source for used parts that I should know about (other than e-bay)? Last-ditch effort, does anyone have a broken F3 from which they would like to sell a part, or the whole thing for parts?

Thanks!
Finn Yarbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Need Sony F3 part, broken. Help!

I find it extremely hard to believe that Sony would not have the parts available to repair a camera that they still sell. I suspect you either got bad information or there's more to the story.
Why not send it in to Sony for a quote?
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #3
Trustee

If you have the part number, you should be able to contact Sony and have them send it to you.
https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.co...A1799146A.aspx
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

This issue is resolved, thanks. It wasn't easy, though. The part number had changed with no formal bulletin to inform the techs (one of them finally dug it up in the contents of an old email), and once they had been alerted, it took 2 months just to get the part entered into the US system so that I could place an order, another month to be in stock. I just received notice that the part has shipped.
Finn Yarbrough is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta