My first shoot with the FS7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old December 23rd, 2014, 06:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

My first shoot with the FS7

Just finished my first shoot with the camera... really need to use it a couple of times to really get the hang of it... in 4K - not that I'd know, my computer only does 1080p...

Let me know what you think!
Ian Whelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 07:09 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: My first shoot with the FS7

Nice and sharp. Would have loved to see some examples of colour graded footage though rather than black/white.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 08:42 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Whelan View Post
Just finished my first shoot with the camera... really need to use it a couple of times to really get the hang of it... in 4K - not that I'd know, my computer only does 1080p...

The Prince of Ballyfermot - YouTube

Let me know what you think!
Very nice work, Ian. No, make that excellent work!! I love how you used the shot where he looks at the camera, where he acknowledges the filmmaker's presence. His look to the camera of "ah, whatever you silly filmmaker." Then he clears to reveal that sign. Brilliant.

Personally I am glad it wasn't in color as I am tired of all the techie colorists nit picking hues, gamma, skin tone and what not...and as a result of their technical obsession often missing the big picture items such as whether or not it was good storytelling and good filmmaking. ( 'but...but...the magenta-cast in sLog LUT Rec709 compared to s.gamut3.cine DCI-P3 XAVC EFG.hIJK LMNOraw!!' )
J. David Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the kind words! Funnily enough my co-director prefers the colour version, so we're going with that. I did shoot it with B/W in mind and much prefer that version myself but the subject is his father so I'll let him have his way on this one!

That last shot with the sign - glad you liked but it was hell trying to get it. He wouldn't stop looking at the camera. No matter how many times I asked him to walk into shot, look straight ahead and then walk on. Every single time he looked.

We shot the whole thing in about an hour so there wasn't much time for reshoots!
Ian Whelan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5