FS-7 question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old October 30th, 2015, 08:21 AM   #1
Trustee

FS-7 question

Might seem silly but I have an important use... Can the image be flipped in-camera? Will be using in a live situation that will require it. I dont own the camera or have one to play with and the manual is less than helpful. Thanks for any help!
Old October 30th, 2015, 11:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: FS-7 question

I just ran through all the menus and don't see any option for that. As you probably found out already, the image in the EVF can be flipped with the "MIRROR" button, but of course that doesn't effect how the image is recorded onto the cards.

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2015, 07:40 PM   #3
Trustee

Bummer!
There are a couple of Canon semi pro camecorders that do it but I wanted the FS-7! Have to find another way!
Thanks for searching!
Old December 18th, 2015, 04:27 AM   #4
Inner Circle

As I said in another thread, the Decimator MD-HX might suit your purposes. It has a image flip function in it's internal scaler with the latest firmware update: (which all new units come with) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1091826-REG/decimator_dd_hx_hdmi_sdi_cross_converter_with.html
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5