Help with mac reading FS5 SD cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old December 1st, 2015, 05:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help with mac reading FS5 SD cards

I know this is got to be something simple but my computer Mac Pro OS 10.10.5 Yosemite and FCPX, won't read the sd card out of a Fs5. I just get the error "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer. I went to sonys site and found what I thought would be a plug in (xavc xdcam camera import plug-in) and installed that but the computer still didn't read the SD card. And when I opened FCPX it gave me a plug in warning. I also tried to get the SD card to read on my iMac and my laptop, same warning, Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Scott Hepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 05:19 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Help with mac reading FS5 SD cards

Do you have XAVC and AVCHD on the same card? Mine plugged right in and showed up in FCPX. I don't even think I formatted it from using it before in another camera.
Old December 1st, 2015, 05:43 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Nope just the 1080/30p 50mbps, xavc, The SD cards are SDXC 64gb, class 10 u3, and not one of my macs will mount the drive. I thought it was the way the camera was formatting the card but now Im not sure. I am wondering if it is the card itself, but I don't have any other SD cards that will work in the FS5. I just got the camera today and was starting test with the picture profiles, seeing if I can match a 5d and a XF300 to the sony but I can't get the darn cards to mount. I have tried two different cards, reformatted them just put one clip on there but same thing no matter what. I can't find a driver from apple or sony, so I am stuck.
Scott Hepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 06:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ok so I don't have any reasons but I switched SD card readers and now all is good.
Scott Hepler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5