Matching the FS5 to the A7sii at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old July 15th, 2016, 09:23 AM   #1
New Boot

Matching the FS5 to the A7sii

I just received my FS7 and am looking for recommendations on matching it with my A7sii. I have a project In a couple of days and am too swamped to run tests. I'm wondering if anyone has had good luck in matching them. Slog is not appropriate for this project so I'm looking for matching them within the other general picture profiles.
Mike Paunovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 03:21 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Matching the FS5 to the A7sii

I don't necessarily think this will help you, but I spotted this today and thought it was interesting re the differences between FS5 and A7sii: https://vimeo.com/groups/fs5/videos/173966063

You could try contacting the author to see if he's already worked out matching techniques/grading.
Old July 18th, 2016, 09:45 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Matching the FS5 to the A7sii

I've had good luck shooting both in Slog3 and then using the same lut with some minor tweaking. Just make sure your wb is the same. I have had success too with pp5. In that case I would suggest shooting the fs5 in 1080 10 bit and the a7sii in 4k, the more data the easier to grade.
Alexandru Cristescu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5