Sony FX6? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old July 6th, 2020, 06:09 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony FX6?

Hi there!

Are there any news at all about a possible launch date for the FX6? My first gen FS5 i slowly breaking down and I've been looking forward to update my camera.

A bit desperate for some news though...
Alfred Okocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2020, 08:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sony FX6?

I realize this post is a month old, but the a7siii was just released, if you'd consider that. Otherwise, my guess for the FX6 would then be either later in the year (Oct/Nov), or Jan/Feb to NAB time around April. I followed the a7siii fairly intensely as I too was in need, and those tended to be the rumored release times (also A9 & A7R's would pop up as rumors)
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2020, 02:21 AM   #3
Major Player

Yes, I saw that. It's really not ideal to work with still size cameras for me but... it seems like I may have to if I want to stick to Sony...
It's been rumoured since the FX9 so really don't understand the hold up... A bit frustrating tbh. Some info from the company would go a long way.
Old August 14th, 2020, 11:23 AM   #4
Major Player

I agree. If you can wait, I'd expect it probably early next year (January-April), maybe at NAB. Possibly sooner (Nov/Dec)
Old November 17th, 2020, 03:13 PM   #5
Major Player

So, it's here. Great news.

My current set-up is a FS5 with canon lenses. However, to use the new autofocus system it seems better to use native lenses. I have no experience with Sony lenses but I'm struggling to find an equivalent of what's my work horse right now. The Canon F4 16-35L.
On the wish list is a wide, weather sealed, zoom with steady shot. Is there any Sony or other e-mount that fits the bill?

THanks.
Old November 24th, 2020, 02:36 PM   #6
Major Player

Nice that you held out for it, and your time has come.

Sigma makes really good lenses, might wanna look into them if cost is a thing. Otherwise Sonys G Lens is pretty expensive, 24-70 f2.8 for $2,000. They might have other models for less, I had like a 24-200 but it wasn't really that good, wouldn't put it on the FX-6.
Old November 24th, 2020, 04:31 PM   #7
Inner Circle

The FX6 is now creating waves around the forums, ‘it has an amazing feature set for the price.’

And it should start a new wave of competition, hopefully with better prices. Dealers should then package the FX6 together with some nice lenses. There’s a few videos ...

Cheers.
Old November 29th, 2020, 03:09 PM   #8
Inner Circle

For those interested, here’s a good report by an FX6 user ...

Cheers.
Old December 2nd, 2020, 06:18 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Here’s another good report. If you’re thinking of crowd funding yours, please let me go first.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5