mutant file at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sound Devices PIX series Recorders

Old February 13th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #1
Major Player

mutant file

anyone ever get a mutant file ? I have a file of an interview recorded in the pix.
145 dnxhd resolution. 11 gig. in size....but...windows does not report a 'length'

all other files show a length. Go to play the qt file...and error. QT doesn't understand this file.

Anyway to fix it ? I have it backed up on tape(glad tape still exists)...so I'd just have to digitize that portion...but this is the first time I've gotten a mutant clip. All other clips before...and after are fine.

thx. FYI...i have NOT yet updated our Pix's to V3 yet.....
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: mutant file

The only time I've had a mutant file is when some bright spark pulled the power in the middle of recording. Luckily, I was also able to recover from the cameras internal SxS card.
Paul Ream is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sound Devices PIX series Recorders