attaching camera to cymbal stand at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:32 AM   #1
Major Player

attaching camera to cymbal stand

I found an old cymbal stand that I can attach to the bike frame.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to attach a small camera (using the single screw in the bottom) to the threaded upright of the cymbal stand.
any ideas on how to bridge this gap?

I could mount a small platform on the stand upright, but I'm afraid it would rotate around the single point.

thanks for any help you can provide.

Bob
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:08 AM   #2
Wrangler

I would suggest using a monopod. It will attach directly to a camera, can be extended or retracted as necesary, and can be mounted to the bike frame with clamps or whatever. As for the cymbal stand, you would have to use an adapter of some type. Do you know what size threads are standard on cymbal stands? The camera needs a 3/8 threaded stud for mounting.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #3
Major Player

I would go for a magic arm with clamp and tripod plate adaptor (usually this comes as a kit) made by Bogen/Manfrotto. You will be able to clamp this directly to the bike frame and set up for any camera position you like - although its around $100 its a piece of kit I would never leave home without
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications