Hows about an "Around the Corner Shooter" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 25th, 2007, 11:44 PM   #1
Major Player

Hows about an "Around the Corner Shooter"

Hi All,

Heres some Pics of a special mount I made up to shoot video at a horse barn where I had to be shooting at a corner from outside the arena. It allowed me to pan the whole arena with the Cam just barely going into the corner.

Think of the Cam starting out looking down the long side and pulling back to look down the short side. Dificult to describe, but it sure worked well.

Cheap and easy to make.

Harold
Attached Thumbnails
Hows about an "Around the Corner Shooter"-corner-shooter-001.jpg   Hows about an "Around the Corner Shooter"-corner-shooter-002.jpg  

Hows about an "Around the Corner Shooter"-corner-shooter-003.jpg   Hows about an "Around the Corner Shooter"-corner-shooter-004.jpg  

Hows about an "Around the Corner Shooter"-corner-shooter-005.jpg  
Harold Schreiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #2
Major Player

Another (safety) method for filming around the corner would be this right angle spy screw -on lens available on eBay. It works with focal lengths from 70mm onwards.

Cheers,
T
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi T,

That unit would not have worked well, if at all, in the situation I tryed to describe. You had to move the Cam in a full 90 degree arch at one corner of the Dressage Arena to cover the entire Arena. It was not possible to set up a Cam/Tripod in the regular way due to the way the building was constructed.

Harold
Harold Schreiber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications