Steadicam Merlin Sony DCR HC26 balance settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 7th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #1
Tourist

Steadicam Merlin Sony DCR HC26 balance settings

Hello,

I have recently purchased the Steadicam Merlin and after checking the "cookbook" and various other resources, I have been unable to find the balance settings for my Sony DCR HC26. I would greatly appreciate any input.

Cynthia
Cynthia Lysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #2
Major Player

Hello Cynthia, the camera you have is really light, so it might be a good idea to add some accessory's. Did you try to balance it from scratch? The manual (and DVD) will take you through the process step by step. Hopefully other people on this forum are also using a lighter camera on the Merlin, and will be able to help you further.
Derran Rootring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 05:17 PM   #3
Tourist

Hello Derran,

Thank you for your response and your advice- as someone new to stedicam technology any help is greatly appreciated.

I tried to balance the camera manually but with no luck; however, I have not tried adding accessories (because I am in the process of selecting a new HD camera and was hoping for an interim solution). Given the weight of the camera I will take your advice and try adding an accessory or two to bulk the camera up.

Thanks again,

Cynthia
Cynthia Lysen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)