Steadi Cam Suggestions for JVC Pro HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old February 6th, 2008, 06:34 AM   #1
New Boot

Steadi Cam Suggestions for JVC Pro HD

I own a GY HD-250 with 17x lense and .8 WA Converter. My battery is AB Duonic. I shoot for the local cable company doing long form car commercials(15 min-showing inventory) and was looking for suggestions for a steadi cam system for my rig and for the Canon XL h1 that the cable company production guys use (rental possiblities). I am really looking for ease of operation and best performance. Price is important but quality is primary concern.
Thanks in advance
Mark Cowherd
Louisville, KY
Cell 502-552-4911
Mark Cowherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Mark,

The SteadiCam Flyer works like a champ.
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Trustee

I second that. I used the flyer with the HD100 a lot and also with the XDCAM 350, which was right there at the limit of the rig. For the 250 it will work perfectly.
Old February 6th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #4
Wrangler

If your camera setup is under 10 lbs (not including battery as you can power the camera from the rig), you could go for a Pilot instead, but the Flyer will give you room to add accessories down the road.
Old February 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #5
Major Player

When I purchased my first stabilizer for my HD110, I got it to where it would just get by on the weight of the camera itself (I was on a budget) worked pretty well, but I learned the hard way that I suffered when I wanted to add accessories to it. Long story short, make sure you have plenty of support for everything you need, or think you will need.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)