Seeking affordable Steadicam for jvc HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old July 17th, 2008, 02:27 AM   #1
New Boot

Seeking affordable Steadicam for jvc HD100

Hello all,
I'm looking for an affordable Steadicam for the HD100, something simple within a $200 range. I've been googling & ebaying around to not much avail. Would anyone here have any good suggestions or links to throw?
Thanks,

-W
Warner Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #2
Major Player

You're not likely to find anything in that price range. Particularly if what you're after is a genuine Steadicam!

From what I can tell, the HD100 weighs about 7 lbs., so even a Steadicam Merlin would not be rated for that much weight without the arm & vest which would cost about $2600 (B&H).

I saw a Glidecam 4000 on the evil auction site selling for $400, and that's about as inexpensive as you're likely to find.

There is also the Indicam Pilot (sled only) that sells for $475.

Of course there are many different poles, frames, and other contraptions for "stabilizing" a camera, but a gimbal-based system is always going to be best as it gives the best isolation from the operator. These systems are not cheap, but they are certainly worth the investment.
Frank Simpson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)