Smooth Shooter and Glidecam 4000 samples at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 11th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Smooth Shooter and Glidecam 4000 samples

Hey Folks, Here is a sample of the Glidecam with the Smooth Shooter. I shot a couple of weddings with it so far and never every using a system like this before, I found this was very easy to use.

Tara & JR on Vimeo
Jason LeFrense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Jason,

Looks great! What camera are you shooting with? Love the Dutch tilt stuff :) Are you using a 35mm adaptor for the DOF shots? Looks like you also use Magic Bullet, well done. Funny how I kept looking into the mirror during the beauty shop scenes to see if I could see the stabilizer...

Keep up the good work!
David L. Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:07 AM   #3
Major Player

We love our glidecam and smoothshooter. As we have the large battery and other bits on the camera the whole setup is quite heavy and have used it handheld a few times when space is tight and boy is it heavy. So the smoothshooter is a big help.

Some examples in our blog, click on the highlights catagory.
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey Guys, I'm using the Z7 with the Ikan monitor and sony battery adapter. I would highly recommend that battery adapter so you can use the 970 batteries and they will power the monitor all day. I'm going to moving up the double Arm probably the end of the month I will keep you posted on the pros and cons. So far I'm loving the camera setup it works great. I do use some Magic Bullet effects for the highlight videos. I do shoot 30p and 60i and I find the camera performs great other then the rolling shutter. But to be honest although I see it in my sleep the client never ever complains about it.
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:52 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason LeFrense View Post
Hey Folks, Here is a sample of the Glidecam with the Smooth Shooter. I shot a couple of weddings with it so far and never every using a system like this before, I found this was very easy to use.

Tara & JR on Vimeo
Dude, your video was AMAZING! I'm not in the wedding video business, but if I ever was, your videos would be my templates...amazingly creative.

Last edited by Charles Papert; September 27th, 2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: inappropriate
Craig Lieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 07:21 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hey Thanks dude we have fun shooting weddings... AT TIMES. LOL
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Jason ,what is the name of the song and who sings it?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)