I want a video transmitter. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Closed Thread

Old February 5th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #16
Trustee

Interesting, this is the second thread I'll send this link to today, so disclaimer: I just have their catalogue, I don't tout their products: lots of legal wireless video equipment of a range of prices at Video Surveillance Cameras & CCTV Video Security Camera Systems, they make video security stuff that might be adapted to your purpose..../Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #17

Battle...

not sure these guys really want an answer...they just want to bicker...I posted a solution earlier...don't think they even noticed.
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #18
Major Player

Bill... did you see me make mention of the TWO solutions already mentioned? Number 1 was yours, and number 2 was the Radioshack versions Afton mentioned. We're not bickering (at least, I wasn't... I can't vouch for your motives! :-]) merely pointing out information. That's what this forum is supposed to be about, right?

Julian
Old February 6th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #19
Wrangler

It is true that the operation of low-power transmitters on the TV band without proper licensing is illegal, as Julian points out. However the fact is that they are in daily use on nearly every film set I have worked on for many years, including productions on studio lots (I can also vouch for the fact that one of the largest studios rents them to productions on their lot along with recommendations for which channel they should use to prevent interference with adjoining stages). I have yet to hear of a documented instance where there has been FCC action against one of these productions. This may not make it "right", but there it is. What I do know is that we have a hard enough time getting the signal from one end of a stage to the other, sometimes 40 feet on exteriors, so it's pretty unlikely that a 1/3 watt transmitter is going to cause any interference outside of the set.
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:31 AM   #20
Major Player

Charles, you have way more experience on set than I do. But just because people do it, does not make it right. While you may not be aware of any FCC legal action taken on those illegally using the ATV band, I'm sure no one here wants to be the first high-profile case! That's what I've been trying to get across to people here... and had it called "bickering" and argumentative by some. I can't stop people from illegally using unlicensed transmitters on the Amateur TV band (well, actually, I can, but that's another story for another forum!), but I *can* help make them aware of the risks, both financial and legal, should they chose to go that route.

Julian
Old February 6th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #21
Wrangler

Alrighty then, we've all made our points, so I'll close up this thread.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)