Glidecam 4000 pro with a PD150 ++ at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old August 26th, 2004, 05:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Glidecam 4000 pro with a PD150 ++

I'm using a Sony PD 150 with a Century optics 16:9 adapter and a 16:9 LCD magnifier. Sometimes with a Mattebox and some filters in it.

I think I have a problem to adjust Glidecam 4000 pro. Can some one of you tell me how do you balance your setup? I'm using a microphon stand and just put the Glidecam on it. It helps a little. You can se how the Glidecam reacts to your adjustment. But I don't think I got the right balance. I just can't balance it on the right way.
Lasse Bodoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2004, 08:35 AM   #2
New Boot

This thread from the homebuiltstabilizer.com forum might help:
http://p200.ezboard.com/fhomebuiltstabilizersfrm18.showMessage?topicID=82.topic
Ursula Badertscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 11:12 AM   #3
Major Player

If you are able to balance it while it's on the mic stand, but is off when you actually hold the thing, your handle angle might be off. Let's say you are right handed. When you hold the rig, the handle is angled off to the right of the center post. When you balance the rig on the mic stand, you must match the same angle on the handle as when you are holding the rig. Make sense? Another mistake people make a lot is that two hands control the stabilizer, not one. One hand on the handle, one lightly holding the center post.

Other obivious things:
Changing the position of the LCD screen will throw it off.
Be patient when positioning the camera. It may take forever at first, but balancing does get easier.
Try shifting the couter weights (the washers) slightly one way or the other.

Hope this helps.

Dan
www.DVcameraRigs.com
Dan Selakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

How exactly do you balance this rig on a mic stand?
I am soon to buy this steadistick and wondering if there is a guide of some sort (maybe even a video guide) that i can view to properly balance. What about people without mic stands how would i go about balancing this thing correctly? One thing about Promax steady tracker is that they have a video showing how to properly balance the system, does glidecam contribute any?
Dmitri Henry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)