Ooooo! Toys! Toys! Toys! (Glidecam) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old August 23rd, 2002, 03:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Ooooo! Toys! Toys! Toys! (Glidecam)

Just got my Glidecam 2000 Pro for my PD100. Wooohoo! im running around the apartment like a madman now :)

Seriously though, need the practise with it since i plan to use it next week on a shoot.

I noticed though that it looks like you need to balance it basically every time you put on the camera since to remove the camera, you need to remove the top plates. Wouldn't it be possible to a quick release mount? Anyone tried this? Seems there ought to be some fix for this.

Its fun though :)

/Henrik Bengtsson
DocuWild
Henrik Bengtsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2002, 09:28 PM   #2
Major Player

sure there is a bogen plate you can toss on there, but becareful as this effectively raises the camera and its center of gravity, making it a little more top heavy, and likewise making it, in the end, a bit harder to balance out. this is most noticable in the 2000/4000 models

Casey Visco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2002, 12:40 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hm. good point. I noted that there might be a way to use a screw with a larger head to fasten the camera, so you can perhaps access it in the small space beneath the plate.

I'll experiment some more with this =)

/Henrik
Henrik Bengtsson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)