Need a balancing stand for the Indicam sled: - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 27th, 2009, 08:09 AM   #16
Major Player

It is also important to point out that if you have the Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging quick release adapter you won't have to balance the camera very often.

Therefore, the stand will be used just a few times and of course it will be weighted down for the risk of the camera falling.

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #17
New Boot

bike stands (good ones) are made to hold a 40+lbs downhill rig, while turning pedals, manipulating brakes et cetc etc. if you buy a good one rated for a downhill bike to begin with, you wont need any weights.
Grant Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #18
Major Player

quick release plate

Simon,

Well put. We don't include that plate and mount (Manfrotto 577)

as we don't know which tripod the buyer has. It's a great accessory and does save time with the front to back balance as well as quick movement from stabilizer to tripod and back. Well worth the price.

As Charles Papert has said in many places -- you always seem to be fine-tuning the balance during a shoot.

Tery
Indicam

sort of from "The Princess Bride"

www.indicam.com
Terry Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #19
Major Player

Stand:

I received the mic stand that Terry recommended recently and it works great.

I need about 5-10 minutes to balance my video camera. Very easy now!

And for the HMC-150 with one shotgun microphone and the release adapter mentioned earlier I DID NOT have to weigh down the mic stand. I am sure if you are using a heavier video camera you might have to but not for my setup. The mic stand is very stable and was a great purchase!

Good day!

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)