Accessories for MagiqCam: low mode, monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old May 15th, 2005, 02:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Accessories for MagiqCam: low mode, monitor

Hi guys, sorry for bothering again with the MagiqCam :)

I had some recent email chat with John / Animagique and I am in the phase of buying his IIa rig. He sent me price calculation, and included Magiqdog Low mode. Now, some people here told me you don't need low mode accessories to do low mode on MagiqCam. Even more, using the Magiqdog it takes much longer to set up the rig for flying, when compared to using the sled upside down. So, do you think that the Magiqdog is a good investment? When flying rig upside down, can you get fe. 10 inches from the ground?

One other thing, I was checking some monitors for the setup, but I am very unexperienced choosing an LCD that fits the rig. Please write me some recommendations. Since I live in Europe, the monitor should support PAL. Most monitors I found (Varizoom, Marshall) have batteries mounted on the monitor, so I guess that this isn't OK. Anyway, I was also thinking of investing in Anton/Bauer or Sony V-Mount batteries, so if the monitor would support these, it would be also great.

Thanks for your opinions!
Martin Polach is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)