Steadicam Merlin tripod release plate + DS10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 3rd, 2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Steadicam Merlin tripod release plate + DS10

Can anybody confirm for me that the tripod plate that is included with the Steadicam Merlin is compatible with the DS-10 fluid head. All the info I have read up on this adapter mentions Manfrotto heads, not the DS-10.

I have sent a silimilar request via the contact Tiffen site and via Garrett Brown directly but am yet to receive any response.

Thank you in advance.
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #2
Regular Crew

For those who are interested.

For those who atre intertested, here is the direct answer from Mr Garrett Brown himself;

"Brett, the tripod adaptor adapts to any tripod that provides (as almost all do) a "1/4-20" mounting screw. The plate has the matching tapped hole and simply screws to the top of any kind of mount for small cameras (larger, 35mm cameras use a '3/8-16' screw) once the plate is on the tripod, the camera comes instantly off the Merlin and docks on the tripod. Just remember your 'dovetail plate' mounting marks so you can remount in balance.

best, GB
"

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)