Mounting an LCD to the Glidecam HD4000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old May 19th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Mounting an LCD to the Glidecam HD4000

Anyone have anything to share on how to achieve this? I have the 7" lilliput LCD that I want to mount on the bottom spar (?) similar to the Steadicam Pilot. any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Scott
Scott Shama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Substitute the weights on one side of the lower spar with the monitor. Screw it onto the plate. You will have to rebalance the rig.

Peter
Peter D. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi, thanks for the reply.. I get that part of it.. I mean specifically what device are people using to mount it to that plate.. You can't just mount it vertical, it needs to lean back and most likely be adjustable somewhat.. Is there such thing as a 2 inch noga arm? :S
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:37 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Scott, take your pick....http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=manfrotto+ball+heads&tag=googhydr-21&index=electronics&hvadid=5736198273&ref=pd_sl_8gtddppu1r_b
Peter
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:44 AM   #5
Major Player

yer kidding right? do you know how big those tripod heads are you are suggesting? i'm assuming you actually own a glidecam right,,,?
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:44 AM   #6
Regular Crew

No I'm not kidding!!! Thought I'd point you in the right direction and you can scroll down yourself and find the one you want. Yes I do own a Glidecam HD400 with vest and I use a SMALL ball joint.

I didn't say TRIPOD head, I said BALL Joint.

Just trying to be helpful, otherwise, google ball joint yourself !!

Try these then if you haven't time to google http://www.cameragrip.co.uk/acatalog/Ball_Heads.html

Peter
Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:47 PM   #7
New Boot

you have a couple of options with the glidecam. if it is the 4000Pro, you can use the front mounting hole OR you can use the groove where the weights are placed. this way you have SOME control over its position. you can slide it forward or rearward to adjust balance. i'd say that is my only gripe with the handheld glidecams aside from a nonmovable gimbal is that weight adjustment is coarse and inelegant. but once you DO get it all in place, the device works like a dream...

the monitor i use is a Haier HLT7 and it has good rugged rca inputs instead of the finicky and most times flimsy 3band miniplug.
Billy Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)