Titan L Aigle (eagle) steadicam) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I have no experience what so ever with these light-weight rigs, but when it comes to light-weight stabilizers you want the smoothest gimbal there is because every micro move you make will get through with a bad gimbal. Ball and socket gimbals, forget about it. Too much friction. Universal joint gimbal, depends on the precision of the construction. The Merlin gimbal seems to be the best option as it's tailor made.

Have you considered Glidecam? It is a different design than the three you mentioned, but its build quality is top notch and it seems the most comfortable to operate.

Last edited by Pascal Jolink; July 31st, 2010 at 05:51 AM.
Pascal Jolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:51 PM   #17
Major Player

Well. I was about to order the L'aigle, untill i happened to win a Merlin on auction site at a very reasonable price comparable to the titan's intro price, so fate has made my decision for me.

wish me luck.

GG
Gerry Gallegos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)