Mount Two DSLRs on One Steadi at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 18th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #1
Major Player

Mount Two DSLRs on One Steadi

I'm hoping to find a way to mount two Canon DSLRs on my Pilot. I need to have the flexibility of two focal lengths (wide and tight) along with the low light performance of primes. I wish I could shoot on 24-105 all day and night but f/4.0 makes that impractical. 24-70 f/2.8 doesn't provide a long enough focal length.

So I'm planning to mount a 5D/24 1.4 and a 60D/85 1.8 on the same steadicam sled. Who knows, this may not work at all, but it's something I'd like to try.

My question is, how can I mount two bodies on the same sled? I'm thinking all I'd need would be a plate adapter that would allow mounting two cameras, but I can't find one at B&H or anywhere else. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old November 18th, 2010, 03:05 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi, Erik...........

Anything here float your boat?

CAMCORDER MOUNTING BRACKETS

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Chris, yeah I've seen these ones before. Just need an extra wide tripod plate with a pin at each end that can itself be mounted onto the steadicam cheeseplate. Can't seem to find it. And the B&H site being down right now doesn't help ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)