Vinten QR Mount for Glidecam 4000 Pro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old December 26th, 2005, 08:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vinten QR Mount for Glidecam 4000 Pro?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a quick release plate that can be mounted to the Glidecam 4000 Pro that is compatible with Vinten tripod heads? I'd like to keep the other plate on the camera most of the time so that I can easily switch from a Vinten 3 head to the Glidecam, and back, etc. I checked B&H's site and couldn't find anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch,
Bob
Robert Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 11:35 PM   #2
Major Player

If you can't find one, just get 2 Quick Release plates that are identical in terms of their mounts and mount one on each of the devices.
Tom Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #3
Major Player

You can use the Vinten, or the Sachtler QR plates. The touch 'n' go style QR's are nice, since you are putting the plate into the hole, rather than sliding the plate into the groove. The lock down for the follow focus always gets in the way. saving pennies for the Sachtler.

Below is a link for the whole Quick Release Assemblies page. Take your pick. If the bank allows, I suggest a second plate and a couple of extra screws.

Here's a link to B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...rch&Q=&ci=3937

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)