Glidecam 2000 Pro vs. Varizoom Flowpod - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 14th, 2006, 11:54 PM   #16
Major Player

Boyd,

The monitor I was talking about and bought was one of those trancendental whatevers you mentioned. The screen looks like my Garmin Street Pilot screen when the sun is shining on it. The Sony VX2100 has the same kind of screen. Sony info-"The Hybrid Reflective- Transmissive LCD Screen provides accurate viewing in sunlight or bright light, virtually eliminating the “wash-out" common with traditional LCD Screens".

I expect all the newer cameras will be using this type of technology.

I tried to find the place to turn the backlight off on my VX2100 but it just shows NORMAL or BRIGHT.

Travis,

The "off-axis" mentioned concernes the LCD monitor and it's angle-of-view i.e. you can see it well at one angle and poorly at another. There is still a problem with that in comparison to CRTs.

Tery

sort of from "The Princess Bride"

www.indicam.com
Terry Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 09:45 AM   #17
Regular Crew

What make of monitor??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Thompson
Boyd,

The monitor I was talking about and bought was one of those trancendental whatevers you mentioned. The screen looks like my Garmin Street Pilot screen when the sun is shining on it. The Sony VX2100 has the same kind of screen. Sony info-"The Hybrid Reflective- Transmissive LCD Screen provides accurate viewing in sunlight or bright light, virtually eliminating the “wash-out" common with traditional LCD Screens".

Tery
Terry, would you be willing to share the make of monitor you purchased? I am after one for my pending stabilizer purchase for the Z1 or FX1 (thats PAL as well). There's a miriad of these things here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...rch&Q=&ci=1984 but need one which will match the Z1 - and I see two here according to my reckoning.

Anyone else have other ideas - in the same price range plse Charles P :) I ain't got the bucks

Not being able to see these things in your hand drives me nuts. I have to rely on web info and then the info supplied by the good people on this board!

Life sucks! Ah well - sometimes

Cheers
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #18
Major Player

Certainly Jeremy,

It's a Nebtek NEB50. I bought it at NAB last year for around $500 because it looks perfect in bright sunlight like the Sony 2100 monitor except the Nebtek is a 5 inch monitor (not 2.5 like the Sony).

Being able to see it in bright sunlight was important to me as with a stabilizer system you're outside much of the time.

For the $500 I also got a panasonic battery holder/adaptor and a ball mount.

I hope this answers you questions.

sort of from "The Princess Bride"

www.indicam.com
Terry Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks Terry

Doing a bit of a search to see what specs it comes up with.

Cheers

PS. Any news on the quote yet??

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)