How To Make Your Own Steadicam Rig - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 8th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Steadycam

The cost is all relevant to the persons skill level at building such an item, not to mention their resourcefulness at obtaining the right materials for the job. If you have mechanical or engineering skills then the task is quite easy. I built one using top grade aluminium and quality gimble bearings for $60. Its one of the more basic designed units and I found, for me personally, it works no better than using my XL2 hand held. Its like anything, if you want the best then you have to pay for it.
Joe Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #32
Trustee

Hi John,

If I understand you correctly, you want to put a shotgun microphone on your camera.

If this is what you want, I would say it is not a good idea.

The shotgun microphone best near mouse as close as possible, not mounting on a camera.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)