FS PRO SM1 Stabalizer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 9th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #16
Major Player

Gentlemen,

I'll have to pipe in here as we are working on a double upgraded arm which holds a total sled weight of 24 pounds (picture attached). We need to have some testing time to see how it and the operator hold up. We have used it for about 20 minutes with the full load and think you have to be crazy to carry around that much weight unless you are the big guys and get paid the big bucks. Neverthless, it seems like we will be doing the testing if there is enough interest out there.

Once tested we hope to produce these on an "on order" basis. Pricing hasn't been determined at the present time but it will be affordable.

Hey, we thought cameras were getting smaller.

We will be checking out NAB in April and hope to meet many of you there.

Terry
Indicam
Attached Thumbnails
FS PRO SM1 Stabalizer-double-upgraded-arm-weights-web.jpg  

sort of from "The Princess Bride"

www.indicam.com
Terry Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #17
Major Player

Terry, that looks very interesting. That would be exactly what I need but can't afford at the moment. And yes, cameras are getting smaller and lighter but when you add all accessories the weight turns to be a problem for weak arms. I work for TV with heavy cameras like digibetas or full sized DV models. A digibeta that all TV broadcasters use here in Portugal weights around 22 or 23 pounds. I am a camera operator and I'm beginning to operate steadicam now. I can't just use light cameras, I need to be able to use any camera including 35mm for publicity. My problem is I can't afford an expensive system, so I need one able to handle as much weight as possible for a low cost, of course built quality and good handling are also a must. For now I just whant to use a stabilizer with my HD100 and it's accessories, if I'll need a bigger system I'll just rent one. The FS pro seemed to be the first really affordable solution in its category, comparing for example with the Flyer it supports heavier cameras and costs a third of the price. I think Indicam is doing right in developing a stronger arm, there are no affordable systems supporting heavier cameras. Terry, please keep us informed of your progress.
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2007, 09:07 PM   #18
Major Player

Diogo (great name),

Thanks for the post. I will have to look for my old Panasonic news camera. It should be heavy enough for a good test...at least it seemed heavy at the time I was hauling it around.

I will keep everyone informed but probably on a different thread as this one is about the FS Pro and we want to keep it that way.

Terry
Indicam

sort of from "The Princess Bride"

www.indicam.com
Terry Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #19
New Boot

New demo

Hello,

A new demo is now available!
http://www.fsprostab.com/english/dem...demomovies.htm

Greeting
Frédéric Savard
FS PRO
Fredric Savard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:54 AM   #20
New Boot

new demo FS PRO and stairs

Hello,

For those who are interested a new demo is available. It is the same shot sequence turned shot handle and with the stabilizer. He contains staircase as well as the mode don juan and missionary

http://www.fsprostab.com/english/index.htm

sincere Greetings
Frédéric Savard
www.fsprostab.com
Old October 24th, 2007, 08:39 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Question

I just received your email regarding your system. I am just now looking into a rig for my Z-1. By looking at the pics, it looks like you might bang your knees unless the sled is extended from you. Is this something to consider? I have never used a steadicam type system.

Jeff
Jeff Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #22
New Boot

Hi,

Thanks for your interest!

What do you mean by bang you knees it is" band or bang"

Our system manipulates as all other systems of stabilization. It is necessary to walk as normally as possible. fact to walk with knees to bend lightly can help movement so that it is the most perfect possible.

Greeting!
Frédéric Savard
www.fsprostab.com
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredric Savard View Post
Hi,

What do you mean by bang you knees it is" band or bang"
www.fsprostab.com
What I meant is that as you walk forward, do your knees bump into the sled? I can see when you have the unit extended away from you, you would have enough space for your legs to not hit it at the bottom. Pardon my inexperience. I have never used a unit like this and wanted to see if this is an issue.

Jeff
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #24
New Boot

Ho... ok!

absolutely not, if knees bang the sled would be not fonctional. You can manipulate it as all other systems. Your knees will never stick, unless you force yourself to make it And that you put near the sled on your knees. You would find it difficult to see The screen of your sled or your camera.

the picture on the web site it is to present de system and not a way to manipulate it.

Greeting!
Frédéric Savard
www.fsprostab.com
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Frédéric,

Thanks. I'm in Dallas, Texas. Anywhere or anyone nearby where I can demo one?

Jeff
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #26
New Boot

I'm gonna send to you an email. can you email us at contact@fsprostab.com
for your email!

Greeting!
Frédéric Savard
www.fsprostab.com
Old October 24th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #27
Major Player

Great looking Videos! Love the stair one, very nice.
Old October 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #28
New Boot

Hi mister Eastwood.

Thank's you for your comment it is really appreciated!

Greeting!
Frédéric Savard
www.fsprostab.com
Fredric Savard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)