DV Steadicam for Sony Z1 &/or A1 tips needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:27 AM   #1
Tourist

DV Steadicam for Sony Z1 &/or A1 tips needed

Hi Guy's

I recently got hold of a run down Cinema Products DV Steadicam to hopefully use with my two Sony's, but alas no one seems to be able to advise me on how to set it up. I have had Tiffen fax thru the old cinema Products Manual along with tips for the Canon XL1 but nothing for my cameras (they no longer support this product sort of thing..), so here's hoping someone out there has experienced the same issues and can advise....

P.S. I have had suggestions to scrap the thing and get a Merlin, which dosent really help so no need to suggest that or similar thanks.......

heres hoping

Thanks

Leigh (Panda Media Ltd UK)
Leigh Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Leigh,
The Merlin may be of some help - not as a replacement, but as a guide. Get your hands on the Merlin manual and read it. The general concepts are very similar between the rigs. Most of the specific controls won't be the same, but what they do will be.

- Mikko

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)