Flash Sync Speed - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old January 7th, 2008, 03:15 AM   #16
Trustee

After taking so many macro shots, I think that I really love my d40 which allows me to take 1/4000s with external flash and no black out image.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 09:03 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Sync speed can vary with same maker flash units for your camera.

On my Canon cameras, sync with studio strobes is 1/200th.

But if I use my Canon flash unit with high speed sync turned on, I can sync up into 1/2000 range as the camera and flash unit are made to work together.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Granovski View Post
I would stick with the fastest shutter speed sync for flash of the camera. The faster the better.
It really depends on the subject and ambient light. Flash illumination falls off per inverse square law so background may not be sufficiently illuminated if too far relative to subject. Often you can choose a slow shutter speed to pick up better background exposure and use the flash exposure to freeze the subject.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy